Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Vegan - Gluten Free - Dairy Free
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup raw pistachio (optional)
- 3 TBSP gluten-free baking powder
- 2 TBSP macca powder (optional)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup camel or organic almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position rack in center of oven. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Beat for 3 minutes the eggs with the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, macca, cocoa & baking powder until there are no visible clumps.
- Add to the mixed eggs above mix along with milk & oil . Beat with a mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add the raw pistachio and whisk a little bit to ensure even distribution.
- Spoon batter evenly into cake pans. Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.