Author: Sophie @mydaintysoulcurry
Calories: 99.4 kcal – 7.2 g of carbs
- 1 cup Flaxseed ground into a meal
- 1 cup water/broth
- A pinch of salt
Additional optional ingredients
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Make the flax meal:
- Grind a cup of flax seed in a coffee or spice grinder until a coarse powder is formed.
Prepare the dough:
- In a bowl heat a cup of water. (bring to a boil)
- Add salt and spices of your choice. I added 1/2 tsp curry powder.
- In a bowl take 1 cup of flax meal and 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. Add a pinch of salt/pink salt.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the boiling hot water.
- Mix well until the mixture thickens.
- Use a silicone spatula to scrape around the edges of the pan.
- Cook until the mixture becomes doughy and leaves the pan.
- Allow the dough to cool.
Add herbs and onion:
- Take the dough in a bowl. Add two tbsp of chopped red onions and finely chopped cilantro. You can also add grated ginger, minced garlic, and chopped green chilies at this point.
- Mix well and knead the dough a bit. If needed, take a tbsp or almond or coconut flour to make the dough smooth and well combined with herbs and veggies.
- Take small lemon size dough ball and place it between two parchment papers.
- Roll the ball into thin roti/ paratha(disc) and carefully transfer it to a hot griddle.
- Second method: place the dough ball on the hot griddle and with the help of a silicone spatula spread the dough to a thin disc-like roti or paratha.
- Cook until the roti leaves the pan or griddle and becomes brown around the edges.
- Serve with chutney, curry or sautéed veggies.