5 Fresh Summer Smoothies
PB and Prune Smoothie
This delicious, creamy smoothie combines the natural laxative effects of prunes with some high fiber bananas for a sure fire way to get things moving.
- 8 oz non-dairy milk (I like coconut or camel milk)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder (regular peanut butter can also be used)
- ¼ cup prunes
- ½ frozen ripe banana
Iron Rich Smoothie
This flavorful smoothie combines iron rich foods with vitamin c rich foods to maximize iron absorption.
- 4 oz orange juice
- 4 oz water
- ½ cup frozen spinach organic
- ½ cup beets, diced
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tsp blackstrap or Carob molasses
Peanut Butter Cocoa Shake
It’s hard to believe something so tasty could be so good for you! This smoothie is certain to satisfy your chocolate craving as well as your need for protein.
- 6 oz coconut or camel milk
- 6 raw cashews
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ a frozen banana
Getting enough omega-3 fatty acids can be hard. Using nuts and seeds in your smoothie can help to boost your intake!
- 8 oz almond milk
- ½ an avocado
- ½ a frozen banana or 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground walnuts
- 1 tbsp ground cashew
- 2 tbsp ground flax / chia seeds
Fresh Summer Hydrating Smoothie
The flavored smoothie is great to consume when entertaining or on a hot summer day.
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ grapefruit, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- ½ cup kale
- ½ frozen banana or peach
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen strawberries