IMMUNITY-BOOSTING TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP
10 grams carbs per serving & 27 grams of protein
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2small yellow onion finely diced*
- 2large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1large parsnip peeled and chopped
- 2stalks celery chopped
- 5cloves garlic minced
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 2tsp dried parsley
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp apple cider viniger organic
- 3cups chicken bone broth
- 1cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 4 cups headkale chopped
- Heat the avocado oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until transluscent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the carrots, parsnips, celery, and garlic and continue sauteeing, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but still al dente, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook just long enough to brown the meat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and cover. Cook at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes (ideally one hour). Taste soup for flavor and add more sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!