Quinoa cooked with tomato - Quinoa bi banadoura
This easy-to-do and tasty Lebanese dish is made of quinoa instead of bulgur, tomatoes and onions.
You can serve plain yogurt next to it or simply a salad.
- 1 big onion, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsp organic tomato paste
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or chili flakes (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the oils in a pot on the stove, and add the onion and half the salt.
- Mix well until the onion is well cooked (around 5-6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, wash the quinoa very well.
- Add the quinoa to the onion and stir it for two minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, water, remaining salt, chili (if using), and black pepper.
- Let it come to a boil, lower the heat, and cover the pot.
- Let it simmer until the quinoa is well done and the liquid is all absorbed (around 20 minutes).
- You can serve this plate warm or cold.
- Serve it with green salad, mint leaves, and radishes.