Makes 6 servings for 250 Kcal – 28 g Carbs – 20 g Protein
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 tsp – salt
- 1/2 tsp – garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp – black pepper, ground
- 1 large – egg
- 3 tsp – water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken into flat, 2-inch, nugget-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Working in small batches, coat pieces of chicken with the flour mixture; then, dip in egg mixture to coat completely, letting the excess egg drip off. Finally, drop into the quinoa, lightly pressing and flipping until all sides are coated.
- Place quinoa-coated chicken onto the prepared baking sheet; spray with a little extra cooking spray if desired to make them extra crispy.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the outsides are slightly browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, cut cauliflower and broccoli into small florets (if not already purchased that way).
- Place an inch of water into the bottom of a large pot and add the veggies. Cover and bring to a boil, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the desired doneness is reached.
- Serve chicken and veggies with kiwi slices on the side.