A quick and easy bake (serves 4)
- 4 salmon filets, skin removed (about 2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or regular) or ideally coconut amino
- 2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Chopped scallion
- Sesame seeds, sprinkle of parsley for garnishing
- Place the salmon filets in a large zipped-top bag. Whisk the honey, scallions, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl. Pour half of this sauce over the salmon filets, coating them thoroughly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line the marinated salmon filets on the baking sheet. You can hold onto this used marinade. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil then simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove cooked salmon from the oven.
- Pour remaining marinade on it or if you wish serve the sauce on the side.
- Garnish the salmon and serve with lemon slices on the side.